Tonight is pizza night at my home. My boyfriend and I are both making our own pizzas – we make 2 on an account of my body’s reluctance to digest dairy. It’s a fun way to have something that’s usually considered unhealthy in a way that we’ve made actually pretty darn healthy, as far as these things go.
- Pre-made dough (someday I’ll try my own)
- Pizza sauce
- Daiya cheese, mozzarella style shreds (or regular cheese if dairy is on your “can eat” list)
- Shiitake mushrooms
- Sweet cherry tomatoes
- Sun dried tomatoes
There are some fancy pants sounding ingredients, but I swear it’s delicious. But, really, it’s a pizza, so if you try this at home you can totally pick your own toppings. You can basically put anything on it, like some how pineapple makes sense on the Hawaiian pizzas.
- Heat the oven to 350• F.
- Oil up a pan OR put down parchment paper (I went with the paper).
- Put the dough on a pan and use a rolling pin to flatten it out.
- Put on your ingredients on – pizza sauce first and cheese last
Cook for 15-20 minutes.
You can see the misshapen results above.
To keep up to date on future recipes and other posts, you can subscribe to my blog by email or through your wordpress account.