Recipe selected: Slow Cooker Chipotle Chicken Chilli, found on epicurious.com
People love their slow cookers; apparently it makes cooking way more efficient (skips having to stand over a hot stove, that’s for sure), and it’s a fantastic way to make stews or pulled pork and apparently a zillion other things. Mine is new, so I am trying out my second recipe here in it. My first recipe tried was pulled pork, and it was fabulous.
Today, I am trying out Slow Cooker Chipotle Chicken Chilli, a recipe I got off epicurious, which is my go to website when I am looking for a new recipe that isn’t in one of my cookbooks.
Changes that I made:
- 1 whole yellow onion instead of 1/2 a red onion
- 28 ounce can of diced tomatoes (I didn’t have the smaller can that the recipe recommended)
- A handful of canned roasted red peppers, a tablespoon of BBQ sauce and a teaspoon of chipotle powder instead of chipotle chile peppers and adabo sauce
- Chilli powder because apparently I used up all my cumin on something else (so that’s going on the grocery list…)
- Himalayan pink salt instead of kosher salt
- I used frozen corn (it’s not a change, the recipe said to use fresh or frozen and I had frozen, so that is the choice I had)
I’m off to do life things done for the next 8 hours now while it cooks up. I must admit, it’s actually super efficient so no wonder people love these things. In fact, I could have prepped everything last night or early this morning and dumped it all in and just turned it on this if I had been unable to be home early on.
The final touches includes juice from a lime stirred in and some parsley to garnish it. Lemon and lime juice is supposed to brighten up the flavour of things like soup and chilli, or so I was told.
Voila! Bon appetite.
Get the recipe here – Slow Cooker Chipotle Chicken Chilli
To keep up to date on future recipes and other posts, you can subscribe to my blog by email or through your wordpress account.