I based this recipe on one I made a year or 2 ago. I didn’t know what went into the original, besides peanut butter, chocolate chips and oatmeal, so I made adjustments. I added a few super foods like chia seeds, and protein powder and maple syrup. It’s pretty good.
- 1 cup of oatmeal (or muesli or something else similar)
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 tbsp hemp seed
- 1 tbsp chai seed
- 1 tbsp milled flax meal
- 2 – 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 – 3 tbsp coconut milk (as needed to fully mix while still being firm)
- Stir the dry stuff together
- Microwave the maple syrup and peanut butter for about 20 seconds so that it’s super soft and easier to mix
- Stir it into the mix
- Add coconut milk
- Make into balls – I used wax paper to form the balls so it wouldn’t stick to my hands (even though I totally used my hands to mix it lol)
- Next time, I might put in some strawberry jam or something like that (dried fruit?) for a PB&J effect.
- If you can get all the cool flavours that whey protein gives (alas, I am stuck with the lactose free vegan ones), then you could try for a cookies and cream effect – just maybe use a more neutral butter like sunflower
- Add cocoa
- Maybe add chili? Or sea salt? Or chocolate chips? Or caremal chips? Or caremal chips + sea salt?
- The options to try are so varied and endless. Enjoy.