- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 uncooked brown or green lentils, rinsed and drained ( or for a quick cheat, 1 can keep a little juice)
- 4 cups vegetable stock ( only for uncooked lentils)
- 1 10-ounce bag frozen mixed veggies: peas, carrots, green beans and corn
- 1 sweet potato
- Salt and pepper to taste
- cube the potatoes and boil until soft. Once boiled add salt and pepper and mash.
- if using uncooked lentils- add to vegetable stock, allow to boil and then simmer for 30-45min or until tender
- add onion and garlic in a pan until lightly cooked
- add lentils (a little juice if from can)
- cook until absorbed.
- add veggies until cooked through
- put lentil mixture in serving dish and top with mashed sweet potato.
One of my friends, Kim, shared this on her Facebook page. I really enjoyed it and it made a very big meal for my boyfriend and I and leftovers are always welcome in my home. Kim is a fitness and health professional, she does a bunch of really cool stuff in that area, which you can learn about on her Facebook page – Kim Sèsperez: Yoga, Health & Fitness. It’s a lovely source for some great recipes too, might I add!